Monday 30 April 2012

As one of my friends and readers M.G suggested, I should write a bit about myself. I mean, you read my blog and you don't even know who's writing it. So here I am.

My name is Kismet, and I live in Missisauga, Canada. My favorite color is wine red, and my favorite style a mix of punk, victorian and new romantic. I like bands like Boney M, Gogol Bordello, and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I don't listen to goth music much, mainly because I am not goth. Yes, you just read that right. The Last of the Movement is not goth. But then again, that should have meen kind of obvious, how can I be the Last of the Movement if there are still plenty of goths around?

So if I am not goth, why do I write a goth blog? Well, for one thing because writing a a decadent movement blog would not make sense as no one would read it. But mainly because I feel that everybody should be able to express themselves however they want, and I am giving basic advice on how to do that with the resources that the average human being has. Unfortunately, the society most of us live in at best does not like people who express themselves much, and there is little we can do about that. Not everyone is an open-minded person. However, there are still ways to be whoever you want to be and maybe help people understand that maybe... maybe we are not all that bad, and maybe we can help people grow and stop being afraid of who they are if only they just listened to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment